Volunteer Opportunities To Help In The Fight Against Malware?

Richard revo753 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 11:12:20 CDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering: Are there volunteer opportunities to help fight malware (viruses, trojans,
 etc.)?

Somewhere I read of organizations, which worked to trap malware in "honeypot computers", and then analyzed them to help find ways to defend against them.  Is anyone familiar with this or any other efforts by volunteer organizations to help in
 the fight against malware?

Perhaps, there are volunteer organizations, which work with established anti-malware corporations and or government agencies to help fight against
 malware.

Perhaps, some of us could help in the effort to rid the Internet of malware, and make the Internet safe to use.

Best Wishes
73s
Richard Demaret
KI4KXJ