Bad Satellite Antenna

Richard revo753 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 18:17:55 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have had a problem with a bad satellite antenna.  Last night we, in the Manassas area, had a  thunderstorm.  The picture on the satellite TV froze.  I rebooted the digital recorder set-top box.  It came back on.  I thought all was OK, and so continued watching my recorded programs.

Today, I found the the recorded programs is all I have. The set-top box says the antenna can not see the satellite.  We have two of these set-top boxes on two different TVs.  The result is the same on both of them.

It would appear to me, the antenna is bad.  I looked it over a few hours ago, but could find nothing obviously physically wrong with it.

I am wondering, if any of you have had a similar problem.

Best Wishes
73
Richard Demaret
KI4KXJ