Streaming monthly meetings

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Sep 12 13:29:21 CDT 2011

Phil <philmt59 at aol.com> writes:

> On 12 Sep 2011, at 02:30, William F. Fenn wrote:
>

>                     1.  Who will provide the server for streaming video
>      in real time?
>           2.  Who is going to translate two channels of audio into
>      another language when you consider two channels would be for
>      English?
>           3.  Who is going to pay for the bandwidth required during the
>      steaming?
>
>           Other than this, I think it might be a guuud idea.
>
>           N4TS
>

> In answer to Q2, Brian and I can follow English quite well, even though we're
> English. I'd like to see this happen. Will there be popcorn and subtitles?

Just to avoid any confusion, you should be aware that what we call
"gear" they call "kit, and what they call "gear", we call "drug
paraphernalia".  Hope this helps.

As for the bandwidth and server costs, even if we were doing some kind
of large viewership thing, it's basically free; Mark and I have good
industry contacts and if it's a little much for our personal
infrastructure we can do it elsewhere.  This is filed under "problems
we'd like to have".

-r