Lightsquared article

Bob Rice, KG4RRN kg4rrn at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 08:48:52 CDT 2011

Yes, this company may have hit a brick wall, but I bet it will come to its' senses
and change a few frequencies, if they have that much money to spend, they will
do as most defense contractors do, push-- push-- and push again, until the government gives way...lobbyists or not...money talks, thats what I have learned in life.
General Shelton is a smart man for pointing out that the frequencies this company are using will create interference. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Combining satellites and a cell phone network is just asking for trouble though...
Would this comprimise national security,in time of national disaster, or natural disaster, it makes me think so..now we need to watch out for falling satellites.
If I had the money, I would start a Space Junk company, retrive the oldsters, and probably would get rich taking apart all of the satellites from 40 years ago till today.
(Think precious metals)
The ring of man made technology around this celestial body is akin now to Saturn's rings they say.....
Bob Rice, KG4RRN
kg4rrn at arrl.net

President, Jefferson Co. WV.
Amateur Radio Club