KH-9 Hexagon satellite on display Saturday, Sep 17, 2011 for first time

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 16 20:21:22 CDT 2011

The Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy museum at Dulles airport will have a KH-9 photo reconnaissance satellite on public display for one day.

After that, it will be put on display at the NRO where the public won't be able to go and view it.

You can get a bit more of unclassified information on the "Big Bird" at

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/systems/kh-9.htm

This will be a first for me although I was involved with its products.  I hope it will end up at the museum later on as It had a lot of influence behind closed doors on the conduct of the cold war.

Frank K0BRA