Jupiter tonight

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Tue Nov 8 19:10:12 CST 2011

I don’t know how the skies are in DC, but down here in Charleston we can see Jupiter real good, and even see four moons, with just a pair of binocs.  It is the very bright “star” below and to the left of the moon, which itself looks VERY bright and clear.  The four moons appear to be in a line, with three above it and to the right (about 2PM position, and one or possibly two more moons below and to the left, about 7pm position.

Other places around the world, YMMV.

A decent telescope would be very nice right now.
Terry