high pressure tanks in vehicles

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sun Jan 22 21:33:02 CST 2012

I have closely inspected cut-away Leafs.  The batteries are very much
broken up, and put into MANY containers.  I wondered about it
initially, but finally got to speak with a project engineer.  They are
broken up and spread about the car to prevent the types of issues you
imagine.

Frankly, if it were my car, I would make the battery containers about
three times larger, and put two or three times as many of them in the
car.

I want RANGE.  Of course, I realize one of the reasons the batteries
are limited is cost.

Tesla is supposed to have a sedan out soon that will go 300 miles on a
charge.  It is the most expensive version of the car, but 300 miles is
enough for me.  I can visit my Father-in-Law and have plenty of extra
range, charge at his house and come home.  I could nearly make the
round trip.

--chip