FCC soliciting comment on how and where wireless telecomservices should be disrupted intentionally

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Mon Mar 5 14:55:58 CST 2012

There is quite a bru-ha-ha stirred up down here in Charleston from time to
time about jamming cell phones at prisons.  It seems like a good idea at
first, since the prisoners seem to have no trouble at all in getting cell
phones and conducting gang business from their cells.  (HA!  another meaning
of "cell phone"!).  But, the prison authority seems to have a rather
difficult (impossible) time getting permission to run the jammers from the
FCC, or other federal agencies, and are unwilling to move forward without
that permission.

So, this is one case where the current administration is helping private
enterprises conduct their growing businesses.
Terry