Induction cooktops and RFI?

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Thu Apr 12 23:11:34 CDT 2012

From: Andre Kesteloot
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: Terry Fox
Cc: andre.kesteloot at ieee.org ; tacos at amrad.org
Subject: Re: Induction cooktops and RFI?

On 4/12/2012 20:18 PM, Terry Fox wrote:
  Thanks Andre!  My spec an only goes to 3GHz.  The whole idea was to know what they (induction cooktops) do BEFORE I buy one.
that is NOT the true AMRAD approach, which should be : buy first, then  test.

  Maybe you could camp out at the local Sears with your spec an, and test for me??
  Terry

I plan to be at our Local Sears at 0900H tomorrow morning
After all, that's what helping each other with Ham problems is all about...  :-)
73
André

Thanks Andre.  Totally not necessary, as it turns out.  As Karl pointed out, they DO operate at LF frequencies, so now I can use it to cook food, and as an LF beacon at the same time.  I wonder if I need an FCC license to cook with it?  I will let you all know what freq I am operating on, and you can listen for me.  My signal will be the one with the “bacon sizzle’ sounds in the background.  No, REAL bacon-sizzle sounds!  Fry, baby!
Terry