Amazing: the US automobile industry discovers the Diesel engine...

John Teller jsteller at spottydog.us
Wed Apr 25 21:49:08 CDT 2012

Chug chug indeed.  I just drove my 1984 300TD (Five cylinders, and uses
every one of them) to work and back today.  Its only upside is that it
will run happily on fry oil, biodiesel (soy-based oil disease), chicken
renderings or whatever else that has a reasonable caloric value and can
be liquefied into something approaching the viscosity of diesel.  Now
that pink slime is no longer on the lunch table, someone will figure out
how to run it on that.

---JST