Induction cooktops and RFI?

Chip Fetrow chip at fetrow.org
Sat Apr 14 19:10:24 CDT 2012

DING DING DING DING, we have a winner!

Go with natural gas.  It is amazingly inexpensive.   It currently
costs less than it has in 10 or more years.  it is also very clean.
Sadly, it will require you to wipe down your kitchen every few years
unless you use an exhaust fan, which I recommend.

The great news is you can cook when the power is out!

I am a very good cook, and I don't have gas at my house, and I really
miss it.  You can really control the heat using gas.  Additionally,
some cooktops or ranges have burners that have about six times the
heat of the highest power electric elements.  You can bring the pasta
water to boil MUCH faster.  You can also cook using a wok much more
efficiently.

Gas makes NO noise except when the igniter is sparking when you first
turn it on.

Go gas, you won't regret it.

I really wish I could get gas at my house without paying the $80,000
installation fee.  I would IMMEDIATELY have a CNG fueled Honda Civic.

--chip