AMRAD at Hamvention

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Fri May 11 17:55:22 CDT 2012

Absolutely right. You guys were sensibly stockpiling it until your good President Obama sold it off to pay some bills.

It is somewhat renewable - all helium on planet Earth arises as a result of alpha particle emissions, so it is being replaced - it's just that we can't do anything to influence the rate of production, and it's not that fast.

Bottled hydrogen is a rather better option, in spite of its flammability. In the pioneering days of ballooning, those intrepid folks generated their hydrogen at the airfield with ingots of magnesium and barrels of sulphuric acid. More pioneering ballonists died on the ground generating hydrogen than ever fell out of the sky.

Okay, something to discuss at Skip's.

Phil M1GWZ