Hands free mouse

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Tue May 22 16:56:10 CDT 2012

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Gorilla_arm
Gorilla arm
The Jargon File dictionary of hacker slang defined "gorilla arm" as the failure to understand the ergonomics of vertically mounted touchscreens for prolonged use. By this proposition the human arm held in an unsupported horizontal position rapidly becomes fatigued and painful, the so-called "gorilla arm".[21] It is often cited as a prima facie example of what not to do in ergonomics. Vertical touchscreens still dominate in applications such as ATMs and data kiosks in which the usage is too brief to be an ergonomic problem.[citation needed]
Discomfort might be caused by previous poor posture and atrophied muscular systems caused by limited physical exercise.[22] Fine art painters are also often subject to neck and shoulder pains due to their posture and the repetitiveness of their movements while painting.[23]