AC power line question

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 4 15:39:36 CDT 2012

> However, and this is the point of my story,
> the road taxed fuel, and the maintenance visit
> for a stand-by unit that ran too long, cost less
> than half what power normally cost from the
> co-op for two weeks.

Interesting.  That does not seem possible.  Our experience is about 10 times worse.

We have found that the typical home generator can only generate about 4 or 5 kwh per gallon.  At $3.60 cents a gallon, that is at best about 90 cents per KWH which is about TEN TIMES what we pay for electricity from our utility (about 9 cents per KWH).

Bob, WB4aPR