Hedy Lamarr on Science Channel

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Fri Aug 10 15:14:18 CDT 2012

On 8/10/2012 15:03 PM, Richard Barth wrote:
> If what I have read on the subject was correct, one reason it was not
> made public is that it was being used  in WW II by the U.S. against
> the enemy. It was
> supposedly part of a frequency-hopping radio system to control torpedoes.
she invented it and indeed wrote about controlling torpedoes. there is
no indication --that I know of --  that it was used for that purpose.
But the USG did use it at some point in time, and only much later did
she learn about it.
She died  (in Miami, I think)    --almost destitute--     and was only
visited, and helped from time to time by a retired policeman who lived
in the same neighborhood.

Sad
André