Nova Labs

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Thu Sep 6 20:21:01 CDT 2012

There's a nice page with a bunch of different links for Nova Labs at: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Nova_Labs

For folks interested in serious 3D printing, reverse engineering, or "cyber warfare", you might also want to check out Reverse Space in Herndon.
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Reverse_Space

My sense is that HacDC is sort of the local go-to place for people who want to do a lot of microcontroller work. They have a regular class/build session weekly just for that.

For people in Maryland closer to Baltimore I think Unallocated Space is sort of the happening place. http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Unallocated_Space

One thing that can be neat about some of these places (particularly Nova Labs) is that sometimes other groups use the space for impromptu events. I know that's true for one IT security-related group with which I'm involved, even though their regular meeting is at an office.

--Bob S.