Meeting reminder

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Thu Sep 20 01:11:31 CDT 2012

While I appreciate your apology, that was not my point.

My point is SIMPLE!

Either people stop sending HTML mail to the re-mailer/reflector OR the
re-mailer/reflector pass them in such a way they may be read.  That is
simple.

HOWEVER, my choice would be no HTML in mail.

I'm sorry I didn't see you writing that I am a Luddite.  Since I
didn't, no offense accepted.

I am not trying to stop progress.  I just want everything to work.  It
really is not working now.  I get these really hard to impossible to
read messages.  Today I got one I really could not figure out.  Tell
me how that advances the ideals of AMRAD?  It doesn't.

I see three ways this can go:

The list can reflect HTML.  I think this would be bad.

It can stay the way it is.  I think this is bad because no one can
read those "Plain Text HTML" web pages.

Finally, each and very HTML message can be bounced to the sender,
forcing them to re-format each and every stupid message and re-send it
to the list.

I am on MANY broadcast list that does exactly that.  Messages that
have HTML or are too long, or have too much "quoted" material are
bounced.  It makes the list much better, and easier to read.

Frankly, I am done trying to read those HTML messages on this list
that are pushed over to the web page.  It is never going to happen.  I
am SURE other people have given up too.

--chip