ASCII vs HTML (was Meeting reminder)

John Teller jsteller at spottydog.us
Sun Sep 16 17:39:13 CDT 2012

In the antediluvian days of the Internet when I struggled with dial-up
that used to bug me too. These days I use a modern HTML-aware client and
don't really notice if email arrives formatted or in straight-up ASCII.
Sometimes there are very good reasons for not using ASCII, especially if
you aren't working from a Western computer.  Still, I don't add mindless
things like backgrounds and signatures to my outgoing email.

---JST