HTML Mail

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Sep 21 08:52:09 CDT 2012

Chip Fetrow <tacos at fetrow.org> writes:

> Not to belabor the point, but I got the direct message correctly.
> However, this (trimmed) is what I got from the Digest.
>
> Following the link below, I don't get the pictures you sent to me
> directly, but rather, a page of gibberish.  No pictures at all either.
>
> I am sorry people don't get it, but maybe I will either be at the next
> meeting, or show up at Tacos to show what I am seeing.
>
> I really find it impossible to believe others don't see the same
> thing.  Since Rob appears to, and he is a very smart guy, and an
> Internet expert, I know I am not alone.

Actually, I use an ancient email reader (for speed; I have to deal
with a lot of mail every day and current gui-based email readers are
not up to the task).  This is a trade-off which I have made and I'm
fine with it.  I don't complain about things, and life is good.

I rarely have the difficulty that you seem to have.

Reason: I am not subscribed to the digest, and never have been.  It is
the digestifier that is causing you difficulty, and it is within your
power to fix.

I hope this ends the discussion.

-r