IEEE: A $5 Billion boondoggle ?

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 14:41:24 CDT 2012

Isn't there a Lindsay book on "Build Your Own Over-Unity Fusion Reactor From Common Household Parts"?

In Europe, we have been promoting for years another magnetic-confinement fusion torus experiment. This one is so advanced that no known material can withstand the inner wall temperatures. This problem has been tackled with the hand-waving assumption that a suitable material will be discovered in time to build the reactor. Any pessimistic suggestions to the effect that maybe no such material can exist have been brushed aside as that unforgiveable crime of modern living, 'negativity'.

I'm thinking of having a tee-shirt made with the slogan, "The 1960s promised me food in pill form, personal rocket packs and nuclear fusion, and all I got was this lousy cell phone." It's a bit long, but that's the joy of XXXXL size.

Phil M1GWZ