HSMM and balloons

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Sun Oct 21 08:01:10 CDT 2012

The original post posited using existing, cheap Wi-Fi routers for the application.  Sure, if you use a different RF MAC, the story could all be different.

I just had a flashback to the AX.25 experience: using a protocol initially defined for a point-to-point, contention free link level in an multi-point, ALHOA-like contention based link layer and wondering how crappy it works.

louie
wa3ymh