Dual Gate Mosfets

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sun Nov 4 21:35:18 CST 2012

When did dual gate mosfets such as the 40673 or 3N211 enter the
unobtanium category?  I managed to find a source tonight for a few at
reasonable prices - $3.00ea, but these are parts that used to sell for
pennies.  Now it seems they are going the way of tunnel diodes,
germanium transistors, and other semiconductors of old.

I always found a dual gate mosfet to be a simple way to cobble together
a quick mixer.  Guess I'm going to have to learn new methods.

Joe, N6DGY