Just say no to driverless cars ?

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sat Dec 1 20:41:56 CST 2012

Southwest Airlines pretty much flies on computer from take-off to
landing (depending on the facilities at the arrival airport).  In
fact, the pilots have no input into the system.  People on the ground
set up the commands to be fed into the flight computer, and they are
uploaded via Wi-Fi to the plane.

I was once on a gate hold on Southwest and the pilot explained it was
a problem with the W-Fi upload the the autopilot.

--chip