Exponential growth

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Wed Jan 9 12:26:49 CST 2013

On Jan 9, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Richard O'Neill <richardoneill at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 1/8/2013 1:58 PM, Louis Mamakos wrote:
>> These days, you can also look at what direction the DBS antennas are pointing if no moss is available.
>
> Yes, provided one becomes 'lost' in an urban jungle. =-O   In DC I just look for the Washington monument to get my bearings. ;-)

I live out in the sticks, in rural central PA.  I believe we've more DBS and old abandoned C-band satellite dishes per-captia than in urban areas, certainly.  It's only within the last 5 or 6 years that we got E911 and the cable TV systems have been upgraded from a few dozen analog channels.  If you're near any structure, chances are there's a DBS antenna sticking out it, somewhere.  In an urban jungle, you'd just take a cab to your destination if lost :-)

louie
wa3ymh