need help duplicating a flash rom or three

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Jan 14 13:24:46 CST 2013

Hey folks,

I have a BIOS upgrade successfully installed on one server that I need
to propagate to two more - 1m flash roms in a PLCC32 (don't have the
part number offhand, but it's a fairly generic ST part iirc).

One can upgrade the software on the flash in place on these boxes, but
only if one is not swapping the flash devices themselves, and I'm not
feeling lucky enough to try hot plugging them.

Does anyone here have a programmer set up that I can use to duplicate
this flash?  The chips themselves are < $4, but buying pre-programmed
ones online is about $80.

Thanks,

-r