American Stripping Manassas (Was: Re: Anybody in the club do media / sand blasting)

3t3 3t3 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 19:13:34 CST 2013

Hello -

I used the American Stripping Company in Manassas to sandblast and
powder coat what they called a motorcycle muffler.
It was in fact a small muffler for my ultra light airplane.
It was about the sane size as a motorcycle muffler would have been, so
they called it a motorcycle muffler for their record keeping.
They did a great job.  The paint they used was "extreme high temperature
tolerant" (special stuff).
The whole sandblast and powder coat job cost me about $100 two years ago.
I think it would be less expensive to go to Home Depot and buy a small
sandblast unit and a five pound bag of sand and then do it yourself in
the garage or back yard.
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/powermate-air-sandblaster-with-50-lb-hopper-009-0367ct.html

     Terry McCarty
    3t3 at comcast.net