Rebuilding my station

3t3 3t3 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 00:41:08 CST 2013

Alex -

Twenty five years ago, I put 150' of RG-8 outside, with one end just
laying in the grass on the 'house end' and the other end was/is up on
top of my 70' tall tower connected to a balun.  It went unused for about
20 years and is now back in regular use, handling a KW+ at 80m - 10m and
it is doing just fine, without even cutting off and replacing the PL-259
end connectors.  Guess it lasts a long time so you are probably going to
do just fine resurrecting your station.  Keep us advised on your
progress - will be looking for you on the bands..
73 de

     Terry McCarty
    3t3 at comcast.net
        wa5nti