Help with first contact

wb5mmb wb5mmb at pobox.com
Mon Jan 28 20:56:55 CST 2013

Another problem I have seen is with repeaters that do not strip PL
tones off the repeated audio. If the tone on the repeated audio is
different from the tone the repeater transmits you end up with 2
tones going into the tone squelch on your radio and how tones are
detected determines if your tone squelch will open or not (filter
type detectors will work, counting zero crossings in software will not).
      Sandy
     WB5MMB