PT Barnum is spinning in his grave

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Fri Feb 15 19:21:13 CST 2013

A few years back, the house I was living in was large enough for a "home
theater" setup.  I had a 5.1 channel audio system I installed, with two
large Definitive Technology BP 2000 speakers (with amplified subwoofers)
and the matching center channel and rear speakers.  I wired up all the
front channel speakers with #12 ROMEX cable.   I figured this was a much
better solution, since my speaker wire was going to be "acoustically stable"
with no individual strands rubbing against each other, introducing noise
into the precious audio signal.  I thought that my BS was every bit as
good as the Monster Cable people's.

I've found that this lunatic-fringe audiophile product space has spawned
a whole new genre of written humor that only the Internet can bring.
(You're welcome!)  Please read the reviews for this product and enjoy:
http://amzn.to/YdHP5a   There are many other products with inspired
reviews, too.

louie
wa3ymh