Tacos AMRAD <tacos at amrad.org>

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sun Mar 24 10:28:24 CDT 2013

Hey, I didn't buy it, but it was pretty reliable.

High power strobes draw a lot of current.  They also draw it in
pulses, about 1.5 seconds apart.  The Onan really didn't like it.  I
did consider breaking the system and staggering he flashes.  Not
exactly legal, but the alternative is dropping the strobes totally,
which is legal.  Let's see, strobes flashing in a series of steps or
not at all.  The first is not technically legal, but no strobes is
legal.  They would not do anything.

I never got around to it though.  SMECO was pretty reliable.

--chip