TransistorAmp circuit design software for bipolar transistor amplifiers

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Apr 8 18:35:30 CDT 2013

Okay, all a transistor circuit that I'm developing needed was a 5x voltage gain stage. Yes, I could have thrown in a single op amp with split power rails and all that DIL8 real estate, but a single transistor stage would suffice. Trouble is, I'm an EE by inclination, not training, and all those calculations - working out those capacitor reactance values - well, I don't do them often enough for them to be easy. And I want voltage gain, not current. And then I found…

http://en.transistoramp.de/

Nice piece of software, installs easily and it works. Okay, not cutting-edge state-of-art stuff for anyone here, but it did the job for me quickly and easily. Oh, and when I built the circuit for real - voltage gain of 5x !

Phil M1GWZ