Call for articles

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Wed Apr 10 00:49:07 CDT 2013

Hey Paul, are you getting enough articles?

Last might it hit me that I could put together an article on the care and feeding of various DDS chips.  I’ve played with quite a few of the Analog devices chips for several years, and could do an overview of many of them.  Unfortunately, I am traveling starting this weekend, and it might be difficult to get it all together by your deadline.

If you have enough material, I could take my time and get it to you for the following issue.  If you are needing material, I could probably get something less-encompassing together by (or near) your April 20 deadline.  I won’t be home until April 21, but could do some work while on the road, ad send it to you as soon as I get back.  I have very limited Internet access while not home.  My iPad has an Microsoft Office compatible app on it, and I’ve found it to produce acceptable Office-like documents.

I would go into some VERY BASIC DDS theory, then show several of the DDS chips and their parameters in a table.  They, I would briefly describe pros/cons of each DDS chip, as I have experimented with them.  As usual, probably four to five pages long.

BTW, what was the reaction to the humorous April Fools article I wrote?  Did it go over like a lead-balloon?

Please let me know how to proceed...
Terry, WB4JFI