Hawking WIFI Signal Booster

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Sun Jun 16 11:36:48 CDT 2013

netgate.com is a great place for all things wifi.
Jim Thompson has as much experience designing and building wifi gear
as anyone I've ever known or known about.

the ubiquity wifi hardware that directly attaches to the antenna are great.
no coax loss - just Cat5e goes up to the antenna.

I got my marine stick from netgate. two or three 5/8ths wave sections in a rugged
fiberglass radome with white gelcoat. you don't want too much gain because
if the pattern flattens too much, rolling motion of the boat produces lighthouse
flashing but in the vertical plane. and the radios come at higher power, too,
so the range can be quite surprising.

     - mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.