IEEE: the iKnife

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 17:54:59 CDT 2013

> That reminds me...  Aaron Osmond (yes, from that Osmond family), a Utah state senator, wants to put an end to compulsory education for children. Osmond called on parents to decide whether or not their children should go to school, and asked for exploration into how much time children should be in school.
>
> Joe, N6DGY

That would never happen in the UK, because if the parents couldn't blame the schools for their children's ignorance and bad behaviour, they might have to bear some of the responsibility themselves. It is legal to educate your own children at home, but, contrary to popular myth, home-educated children do not perform better later in life then their school-educated peers.

Phil M1GWZ