Agilent to split into two companies

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 24 12:05:05 CDT 2013

tacoistas,

There is a note that Agilent is going to split into two companies.  One,
for  life sciences, diagnostics, and applied markets which will keep the
Agilent name.

The second company yet to be named will be the electronic measurement
product lines.  This business line is running behind the  life sciences,
diagnostics, and applied markets by about a billion dollars a year.

I am not sure the electronic measurement company will keep pace with the
way the old Hewlett Packard company was so successful.  The Agilent test
equipment has been really nice but so expensive that many companies have
looked to other sources both domestic and abroad.

Also, they have been very helpful by posting almost all their manuals on
the web for free.  I sure hope the new company will continue doing this.
  In the meantime, we should all download whatever manuals we might want
in the future just in case.

Time will tell.

Frank K0BRA