FOX News: FCC announces plans to upgrade century-old phone system

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Thu Nov 21 18:49:08 CST 2013

The real driving force (well, one of them anyway) is putting an end to the rate-payer subsidized local loops that the FCC forced the Local Exchange Carriers to offer unbundled access to their competitors.  And I’m sure it’s expensive to maintain relative to the revenue.  Of course, it was the LECs that chose the depreciation schedule for the facilities..

louie