Need a part TIL-308 seven segment display

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 11:11:39 CST 2013

All,
Was given an old Heathkit frequency counter.
It has issues.
Missing segments in the display.

It uses TIL 308 chips.

The ones with the built in electronics.

Of the seven display chips. Three are bad.

The prices on the 'market' are nuts. 40 bucks each and up.

Was hoping someone had a stash of them from 20 years ago or perhaps another 'dead' or failed display I can pry come out of.

This is not a project I can put a lot of money into. I don't want to take a chance on chips out of Bulgaria.

Side item.
While looking up the above part I found these guys.
What a weird and neat site.

http://www.decadecounter.com/vta/index.php

Thanks in advance.
Mike