Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Sat Dec 28 15:13:46 CST 2013

On 12/28/2013 5:32 PM, Frank Eliot wrote:

> /I was using "SS" as short for frequency hopping, which I believe is a form of spread spectrum./

While frequency hopping is one of the two forms of spread spectrum, the question that arises is which, if any,
advantages it has over the direct sequence approach, based on a pseudo random spreading sequence.

If one wants to start experimenting with SS, wouldn't it be more interesting to directly jump (no pun...) to the
DS approach ?

73  Alberto  I2PHD