Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Sat Dec 28 16:03:22 CST 2013

On 12/28/2013 16:13 PM, Alberto di Bene wrote:
> On 12/28/2013 5:32 PM, Frank Eliot wrote:
>
>> /I was using "SS" as short for frequency hopping, which I believe is a form of spread spectrum./
>
> While frequency hopping is one of the two forms of spread spectrum,
> the question that arises is which, if any,
> advantages it has over the direct sequence approach, based on a pseudo
> random spreading sequence.
>
> If one wants to start experimenting with SS, wouldn't it be more
> interesting to directly jump (no pun...) to the
> DS approach ?
>
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD

Dear Alberto,

I f you visit the AMRAD web site, you will find there a downloadable PDF
version of the "_/ARRL Spread Spectrum Sourcebook"/_ by yours truly,
with details of all the experiments that we --AMRAD-- conducted over the
years, including a complete Direct sequence link on 70 cm.

Happy New Year
73
André

---