SDR dongle problem

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Jan 7 09:03:36 CST 2014

On 1/7/2014 5:55 AM, wb4jfi at knology.net wrote:

> /I don’t run Norton, and have seen lots of comments about how Norton messes up various drivers, etc. /

The same here. FWIW, I run since a few years Avast! Internet Security, and am quite satisfied with it, no problems at all.
I have bad memories of Norton Antivirus... before my retirement, IBM forced every and all employees, at any level, to
have a special
and customized version of Norton installed, that automatically did a complete scan once per week, and this was not
customizable,
and you could not even uninstall it...
You had to accept that, and go for a walk when the scan started... and Norton slowed down considerably the PC, in addition
to often giving false positives.

For me it was a liberation the day I retired, as the first thing I did was to completely reformat the hard disk of the
PC that
IBM left me take home, and reinstall exactly and only the software I wanted... and Norton was not in my list...

73  Alberto  I2PHD