Ham IP addresses?

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Mon Jan 13 12:25:37 CST 2014

i admit to tossing a softball at RS
to elicit his response. (grin)
it is a very concise summary of messiness
which others have spent many pages failing
to explain.

Louie can probably fill in details (or correct
blatant errors), but I believe Net 44 came about
when Mills did The Great Wormhole
In The Sky experiment. and it's easy to believe
Kantor was complicit. Dave Mills was historically
prolific in gluing "novel" infrastructure onto
the experimental IP/TCP network to prove by
demonstration what could be achieved. This
was the genesis of the IP-enabled FAX machines
and the link between the DC area and the San Diego
area over satellite that also carried net-44 traffic
for a while.

And with that, my personal Wayback Machine is geezed-out.

    -mo