W4CIA - AMRAD Technical Net

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Mon Mar 3 16:41:47 CST 2014

Bill,

Since Android tablets with large touch screens and impressive i/o
capabilities cost less than a Raspberry Pi or Arduino I suggest we discuss
Android software development and where it might be directed to ham radio
projects.

1.       What software development tools are available?

2.       Can software be developed without being entangled with Google Play?

3.       How can software be distributed?

4.       Possible projects:

a.       Integrated station control and contact logging.

b.      Applications for digital modes: PSK31, RTTY, SSTV.

c.       Digital voice

d.      Spread spectrum

e.       Fox hunting with integrated map displays

f.        Test instruments

73 Karl W4KRL