Tacos ???

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Wed Mar 12 17:40:24 CDT 2014

On 3/11/2014 4:02 PM, fgentges at mindspring.com wrote:

> They are still a bargain and Bill, WA3GJD says the UVB5 is a better
> unit at about the same price.  Henry, K2BFY, our programming guru says
> he has done just fine programming the UVB5 so it may be the better
> choice now.
>
> You can never tell what radio and price will be the best by the time
> Hamvention rolls around.  Maybe you should buy now or on the other
> hand you should wait and buy at Hamvention.  Its all in flux now.
>
> Frank

I had my Amazon order ready to submit.  I selected the radio,
programming cable, and speaker mic.  I backed out.  I do not "need"
another HT when my Yaesu VX7 gets used essentially for one weekend a
year while at Hamvention.  Sure, the price is reasonable enough, but it
would sit on the shelf unused.  I don't have enough ham radio friends
here in Utah to provide much excitement or incentive in the hobby,
unfortunately.

Joe, N6DGY