ATSC hand held TV

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 01:49:06 CDT 2014

 From the sticks in East Texas. AM IBOC seems to have failed. A sweep
with the SDRIQ shows very few  data streams day or night. FM IBOC, I
have no idea.
ATSC seems to have worked out much better than I though it was going
to. I get 12 data streams 9 over 40 miles away. 1 channel 7 the rest
UHF. Most have several channels. Much better than when I left here in 1968.
      Sandy
     WB5MMB

At 11:59 PM 4/28/2014, wb4jfi at knology.net wrote:
>No dogs, my only point regarding IBOC was that it's changeover a
>total mess, and has not successfully transitioned to digital, unlike
>TV broadcast.  8VSB has some issues, but the transition was
>completed.  Not so with digital radio.