Gama Ray Laser

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Fri May 9 20:34:16 CDT 2014

On 5/9/2014 11:16 AM, Phil wrote:
> Just in case the kid next door starts experimenting, download a free
> copy of the 'Gamma / X-ray Detector' app for your iPhone. It isn't
> accurate by any means (it uses one of the CCD cameras as a sensor) but
> it does work. I know this, because my wife recently had a technetium
> gamma-ray angiogram. Oh yes, it works.
>
> Phil M1GWZ

In addition to other health-related anomalies, I have recently had a
root canal rework that apparently required quite extensive "rework".
The dentist was quite liberal with the x-ray machine to ensure
everything was cleaned out to the proper depth prior to filling with
whatever epoxy-type agent they now use.  No fewer than 7 x-rays on one
side of my mouth for one tooth, following several x-rays, including a
panoramic a few weeks prior.

Have they improved this technology to be any less harmful, or is it
still an accumulative action over long term?  Any time you question the
dentist or a technician, they seem to have never heard of any ill
effects from dental x-rays.  Perhaps it's time to seek out a different
dentist?  Once my permanent crown is set in place, perhaps.

Might be fun to install this app on my iPad.  I assume it "screams" in
the presence of such x-rays?

Joe, N6DGY