Two items of note

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Wed May 21 14:03:04 CDT 2014

First of all, I see on CNN that ebay has been hacked, and they want all
users to change their passwords starting Thursday afternoon.  Given this
groups propensity to buy stuff from ebay. I thought this was important.

Second, I just purchased a printrbot Plus 3D printer.  It is a fairly new
design, can print with several types of filament, has a heated bed, etc.
Not too cheap, and not the most elegant looking device, but I'm looking
forward to playing with it.  It also has a sensor to calculate the bed
leveling in software.  Info at printrbot.com.  It's weird dealing with this
company.  No phone, no email, sometimes slow to respond.  You must either
open a "ticket" (which they occasionally check), or tweet them.

I also bought a second extruder upgrade kit.  I plan to make some boxes for
projects, and was thinking of adding a layer of conductive filament inside
the ABS plastic box, to reduce RFI.

Lots of toys, little time...
73, Terry, WB4JFI