Need Help setting up FileZilla (Server) software

Eric Mynes kc8wzb at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:25:10 CDT 2014

IP address 127.0.0.1 is called the loopback address.  It for testing to
make sure you can make a connection to the local machine.

Even though I don't have any direct experience with FileZilla server or
client, you will have to have your client connect to the server's IP
address.  I'm assuming that you, like most, are using a Wireless Router to
give you IP address.  Therefore you should have an IP address something
like 192.168.x.y where x is either 1 or 2 and y is any number 2-254.

To find the IP address of each machine... Under Windows: Bring up a command
prompt and type IPCONFIG and press enter.  Under Linux: Bring up a Terminal
window and type IFCONFIG and press enter.  Either way, you will be able to
find your IP address.  For help reading the report that is spit out by
either command, I'd google it.

73,
Eric
k8ohz

--
A wise man once said nothing.  -- Anonymous

Don't dream it, be it.  -- Dr. Frank N. Futer