Anyone in AMRAD ACTIVELY messing with HSMM, possibly using Ubiquiti?

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:21:42 CDT 2014

There's been quite a bit of activity and coverage around most of Baltimore
and Frederick areas.  Check out  http://www.remoteamateur.com/  They claim
they will be getting to DC soon.

Most everyone has been moving  off 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz to avoid co-channel
interference.  Maybe not an issue for you.

The Montgomery County ARC have been tinkering with 3 GHz Ubiquiti gear.
 This is intended for sale in the EU but can operate on the 3 GHz amaterur
frequencies.  The purchase may require filling out some paperwork.

HSMM is now Broadband Hamnet.  They have started supporting Ubiquiti gear
but you might want to check out the Ubiquiti AirOS if you're just running a
point to point link.

If you don't want to mess with the DBS dish check out the 25 dB Ubiquiti
NanoBeam M5-400, $79 from Newegg.  Ubiquiti includes a POE injector.

Best,

Martin KB3UJQ