Blitzortung.org Sensors

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 18 16:37:30 CDT 2014

tacoistas,

I enjoy looking at the lightning maps on the web from  	Blitzortung.org.

A bit of looking and I find there is a group in Europe that is behind
the information display.  They have people all over the world that run
lightning detectors and then relay they data to a central server.  That
data is combined and the display we see is developed.

Perhaps more interesting is that anyone can build a kit and join the
data effort.  The kit will run about 200 Euros or about $270 usd.  The
kit looks well within the AMRAD people's skill level.  A link to the
details is at:

http://www.blitzortung.org/Documents/TOA_Blitzortung_RED.pdf?1405715600

We should have someone (or perhaps more) build up a kit and  join in
their effort.  It looks like the group is down for a few weeks and then
should be back in the kit side of things.

Any interest?

Frank K0BRA