Broadcom offers $19.99 Internet of Things development kit - The Inquirer

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Sep 2 17:29:48 CDT 2014

Alberto di Bene <dibene at usa.net> writes:

> I tried to order a couple as well, but they do not accept Paypal.... credit card only...
> nobody in this world could possibly force me to send a credit card number via the Internet...
> One less customer for them....

Admittedly a small sample, but I don't think shopping online is a
particularly high risk compared to shopping for consumer-grade tools.
I got dinged a year ago:

http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/impact-harbor-freight-attack-grows-a-5970/op-1

and it looks like I'm about to get dinged again:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/09/banks-credit-card-breach-at-home-depot/

Never had a problem with the online stuff, to my knowledge.

-r